(b)(3) services are additional supports for individuals who have Medicaid. They are in addition to the services in the Medicaid state plan. These services focus on helping individuals remain in their homes and communities and avoid hospitalization or living in an institution. Cardinal Innovations Healthcare and the other LME-MCOs are able to offer these additional services as a result of the Medicaid waivers.
WHAT (b)(3) SERVICES ARE OFFERED?
Cardinal Innovations was selected to begin piloting the three new (b)(3) services in addition to the other (b)(3) services.
- In-Home Skill Building
- Intensive Recovery Supports
- Transitional Living
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR (b)(3) SERVICES?
You must be listed on the Registry of Unmet Needs in your home Medicaid county. Individuals who meet these requirements are eligible for (b)(3) services subject to the availability of funding:
- Have Medicaid insurance from one of the Cardinal Innovations counties
- Have ID/DD, mental health and/or substance use disorder service needs
- Meet other requirements specific to each service
ARE PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE NC INNOVATIONS WAIVER SERVICES ELIGIBLE FOR (b)(3) SERVICES?
NC Innovations Waiver participants are eligible only for (b)(3) Psychiatric Consultation.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS (b)(3) SERVICES?
• Cardinal Innovations - contact Provider directly or complete/submit referral form
directly to us
• Partners BHM - must be referred by Partners Access Department (888-235-4673)
Services We Provide
(b)(3) services Covenant offers:
• Cardinal Innovations' counties - Community Navigator
• Partners BHM's counties - Community Navigator, Child & Adult Respite Care, and Supported Employment
• Vaya Health's counties - Community Navigator